Prisma Cloud Delivers Context-Aware Software Composition Analysis to Secure Deployment of Open Source Software
New SCA module offers proactive vulnerability remediation based on runtime context to achieve seamless code-to-cloud security
Traditional SCA solutions are standalone products that can produce a large number of alerts but lack the runtime context to help fix vulnerabilities. With the addition of SCA to the Prisma Cloud platform, developers and security teams can proactively surface and prioritize known vulnerabilities that impact the application lifecycle (i.e., code, build, deploy and run). Prisma Cloud SCA delivers deep dependency detection and remediation of vulnerabilities in open source software before applications reach production. It can also help developers prioritize remediation based on software components that are already in use. These capabilities are not possible when SCA solutions are deployed as single point products.
"Developers leveraging open source software should be able to build applications with the confidence they aren't opening the organization up to risk," said
As a complete cloud-native application protection platform (CNAPP), Prisma Cloud is context-aware at every stage of the application lifecycle to provide a unified view of risk across organizations' cloud environments. Where current approaches to cloud security rely on siloed products that provide intermittent visibility without remediation, Prisma Cloud approaches cloud security with a comprehensive, prevention-first framework. With 188% increase in cloud incident response cases over the past three years, this shift in approach has become mandatory.
A complete code-to cloud CNAPP needs to incorporate the following five key principles in order to keep organizations safe:
- Security from code to cloud — protects applications at every stage of the development lifecycle — from code, build, deploy and run.
- Continuous, real time visibility — uses real-time and contextual security analysis of cloud environments to help prevent misconfigurations, vulnerabilities and threats.
- Prevention-first protection — stopping attacks and defending against zero-day vulnerabilities to drive down mean time to remediation.
- Choice for every cloud journey — aligning security needs with current and future cloud priorities by supporting a breadth of cloud service providers, workload architectures, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, integrated development environments (IDEs), and repositories with a unified platform
- Cloud scale security — consistently secures applications as cloud environments scale.
In addition to SCA and to further increase the safety of cloud-native applications, Prisma Cloud introduced a software bill of materials (SBOM) among other capabilities for developers to easily maintain and reference a complete codebase inventory of every application component used across cloud environments. Implementing SCA and SBOM ensures Prisma Cloud aligns with these principles.
"Buyers looking for cloud-native security solutions need to keep the requirements of microservices security protection in mind. The 'bolted-on' and 'whack-a-mole' approaches are a thing of the past," said
The new SCA module and SBOM capability in Prisma Cloud are generally available today.
- Read about Prisma Cloud SCA here.
- Learn more about Prisma Cloud CNAPP here.
- Register and join our November event: Code to Cloud Security Hour: The Rise of the CNAPP here
- Read more about why Forrester named Prisma Cloud a Leader in Cloud Workload Security here.
Palo Alto Networkson Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prisma-cloud-delivers-context-aware-software-composition-analysis-to-secure-deployment-of-open-source-software-301627933.html
Brendan Hillan, email@example.com