SANTA CLARA, Calif.,
Security demands have evolved as new requirements and risks have been introduced, especially as organizations expand their IT architecture from traditional networks and data centers to private and public or hybrid cloud deployments. Add SaaS application usage to the mix, and the need to secure all these architectures against ever-increasing, sophisticated threats and adversary techniques being used to gain access to assets and data regardless of where they are located – the network, in the cloud, or in SaaS applications – and organizations have a multitude of complex security and operational challenges to address in order to prevent cyber breaches and achieve the cloud speed and agility promise.
Traditional detect-and-respond approaches, cloud-only security capabilities, and siloed point products offer limited functionality and lack threat context from the network edge or at the user interface. This makes these options ineffective and administratively burdensome; causes holes in an organization's security posture; and hinders operational agility, especially in cloud deployments.
The natively engineered Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform addresses all these challenges by delivering rich context from multiple points across all IT environments to provide consistent levels of visibility, management and security controls regardless of data location – from the network to the data center and private cloud, in the public cloud, or within SaaS applications.
Building upon existing capabilities in the platform, new advancements included in the
Among the more than 70 new features introduced to the Next-Generation Security Platform as part of PAN-OS 8.0, cloud and SaaS feature highlights include:
- Expanded security for public and private clouds, including optimized workflow automation features and integration with native cloud services that ensure the same security measures for a customer's physical environment can be easily applied to Amazon® Web Services, Microsoft® Azure®, or any other cloud. The cloud capabilities enable secure, scalable and resilient cloud-centric architectures with easy orchestration and management for operational agility.
- New SaaS application security capabilities, including enhanced visibility and interactive dashboards, new reporting, and automated features like instant quarantine and data sharing limitations. These features increase security, real-time monitoring and compliance enforcement capabilities on cloud-based assets. Additionally, extended application support (Slack and Secure Data Space), language support (German and Japanese) for DLP and machine learning, as well as new data centers in
Europe( Germany) and Asia( Singapore), expand global usage and protection options and address regional data privacy needs.
- Increased performance and three new VM-Series virtual firewall models that have been added to the existing virtual firewall family. The VM-Series, which now includes the new VM-50, VM-500 and VM-700, delivers industry-leading performance options ranging from 200 Mbps up to an industry-leading 16 Gbps with threat prevention capabilities fully enabled to deliver predictable performance in cloud deployments and address a variety of use cases from virtualized branch office to data center and service provider deployments.
Additional threat prevention, management and hardware highlights are also available with the introduction of PAN-OS 8.0. See these related press releases:
- Palo Alto Networks Raises Bar with New Threat Prevention Capabilities for Its Next-Generation Security Platform
- Palo Alto Networks Delivers Industry-first Capabilities to Prevent Credential Theft and Abuse
Palo Alto Networks Expands Rangeof Next-Generation Firewall Devices with New Hardware and Virtual Appliances
- "Speed and scale continue to be essential components of any advanced cybersecurity strategy that must keep pace with today's cyber adversaries and take into account new cloud operating models. The latest advancements in PAN-OS 8.0 build on the already powerful capabilities in the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform by delivering the visibility, orchestration, integration, performance and threat prevention we need to establish a consistent security posture across our architecture, balanced with the freedom of choice in our cloud deployment models."
- "The features
Palo Alto Networksadded to the latest version of PAN-OS 8.0 address some of the key challenges our customers face in their digital transformation journey as they implement digital infrastructures and SaaS in multi-cloud environments. While these new technologies offer productivity and business agility, their security remains a top concern for our clients especially in terms of cyber breaches and protecting assets. The Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform and the innovations announced today are directly aligned with addressing our customers' pain points. Presidio is especially excited about the integration offered in PAN-OS 8.0 with vendors like VMwareto address software defined data center security concerns."
- "Organizations must adapt to meet new security risks as more critical data and applications reside in the cloud. The latest release by
Palo Alto Networksuniquely positions their platform to secure applications, data, and users no matter where they reside. The features introduced today in PAN-OS 8.0 address today's cybersecurity challenges and moves the industry further towards making cyber breach prevention a reality."
- "As customers embrace multi-cloud deployment architectures,
Palo Alto Networksis pleased to offer the only built-from-the ground up, natively engineered Next-Generation Security Platform enabling them to safely embrace any cloud – public, private, hybrid and SaaS – with consistent visibility, operations, control and cyberthreat prevention."
- PAN-OS 8.0 is now available globally to customers of
Palo Alto Networkswith a current support contract. New VM-Series firewall models are available now. For more information, visit http://www.paloaltonetworks.com.
To learn more about the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform, visit: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/platforms.html.
Find out more about the new features in PAN-OS 8.0 and new devices:
- What's New in PAN-OS 8.0
- Visibility and Control for SaaS Applications
- Register to Attend Palo Alto Networks Colossal Security Event
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
- Blog: Announcing PAN-OS 8.0 - Our Biggest Launch Yet
About Palo Alto Networks
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/palo-alto-networks-extends-safe-application-enablement-and-breach-prevention-from-the-network-to-the-cloud-with-enhancements-to-its-next-generation-security-platform-300403181.html
Media Contacts: Brittany Stagnaro, Palo Alto Networks, 408-425-6302, email@example.com