The fund will be aimed at seed-, early- and growth-stage security companies with a cloud-based application approach. These companies can accelerate their routes to market for their respective technology by developing cloud-based applications built upon the
The fund expects to collaborate with
By providing capital, the fund will enable entrepreneurs and security vendors to focus on developing high-value functionality for customers, instead of developing the infrastructure and data stores necessary to effectively deliver their applications and establish a foothold in the market.
The investments in entrepreneurial security companies are designed to accelerate the development of new security applications for the
- "This new fund will build upon our reputation for developing innovative, next-generation security technologies and demonstrate the excellent momentum that we have achieved with our ecosystem of security partners. It represents an essential part of our mission to help organizations prevent cyber breaches by inspiring and accelerating a groundswell of security innovation in a model that can be easily accessed and deployed by customer organizations."
Chad Kinzelberg, senior vice president, Business and Corporate Development, Palo Alto Networks
- "Palo Alto Networks new security application development model represents an important milestone for the security industry, and holds huge potential for customers, entrepreneurs and developers. We are excited to team with
Palo Alto Networksto help entrepreneurs accelerate development in cloud-based applications, to serve a rapidly growing customer base that includes tens of thousands of the world's most important customers."
– Asheem Chandna, partner,
- "Many early stage security start-ups have excellent ideas, but struggle to reach customers. By tapping into this fund and application framework, companies can get their technologies to market faster and into the hands of
Palo Alto Networkscustomers."
Jim Goetz, partner, Sequoia Capital
Palo Alto Networks Venture Fund
- Palo Alto Networks Application Framework
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding
All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/palo-alto-networks-announces-formation-of-venture-fund-to-radically-change-future-of-security-innovation-300473190.html
Brittany Stagnaro, Sr. PR & AR Manager, Americas, Palo Alto Networks, 1-408-425-6302, email@example.com