SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), McAfee Labs, Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW) and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC), co-founders of the industry's first cyber threat alliance, today announced that Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA), ReversingLabs, Telefónica, and Zscaler have joined the Cyber Threat Alliance in its efforts to make united progress in the fight against sophisticated cyber adversaries.
The mission of the Cyber Threat Alliance is to drive a coordinated industry effort against cyber adversaries through deep collaboration on threat intelligence and sharing indicators of compromise.
While past industry efforts have often been limited to the exchange of malware samples, the Cyber Threat Alliance provides more actionable threat intelligence from contributing members, including information on zero-day vulnerabilities, botnet command and control (C&C) server information, mobile threats, and indicators of compromise (IoCs) related to advanced persistent threats (APTs), as well as the commonly-shared malware samples. By raising the industry's collective actionable intelligence, alliance participants will be able to deliver greater security for individual customers and organizations.
- "We appreciate the charter of the Cyber Threat Alliance and believe there should be closer collaboration across security researchers, industry, education, and government. We look forward to sharing critical data across threat vectors that can be leveraged not only for delivering Total Threat Protection for our customers but also toward benefiting the community as a whole."
– Stephen Pao, GM Security of Barracuda, which provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT
- "Telefónica firmly believes that the collaboration against cybercrime with leading companies in the security practice will lead us to a better cyber-resilience in the digital world. We are excited about the opportunity to work with the CTA members. Our internal capabilities together with our Cyber Security services based on digital intelligence that Telefónica has been developing for many years, will add value to this alliance and will boost CTA member's knowledge for better collaborative protection."
– Pedro Pablo Pérez, CyberSecurity Director, Telefónica, which is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world.
- "Organizations combatting today's cyber threats require both internal monitoring and external context to identify an adversary's intentions and tactics. The Cyber Threat Alliance provides a collaborative vehicle for sharing critical external information and improving identification of advanced threats."
– Mario Vuksan, CEO of ReversingLabs, which provides enterprises and security vendors a foundation for protecting digital assets.
- "Today's security threats are more insidious and difficult to thwart than ever and they are outpacing the ability of organizations to protect themselves. The exchange of actionable threat intelligence fostered by the Cyber Threat Alliance is a critical step toward a new level of industry collaboration that will result in greater security for vendors and clients alike."
– Michael Sutton, Vice President, Security Research for Zscaler, which provides a Security-as-a-Service platform delivering a safe and productive Internet experience.
For more information on the Cyber Threat Alliance and its members, or how to join, visit: www.cyberthreatalliance.org.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at www.fortinet.com.
ABOUT MCAFEE LABS, PART OF INTEL SECURITY
McAfee Labs is the threat research division of Intel Security. Its team of more than 400 researchers collects threat data from millions of sensors across key threat vectors—file, web, message, and network. It then performs cross-vector threat correlation analysis and delivers real-time threat intelligence to tightly integrated McAfee endpoint and network security products through its cloud-based McAfee Global Threat Intelligence service. McAfee Labs also develops core threat detection technologies—such as DeepSAFE, application profiling, and graylist management—that are incorporated into the broadest security product portfolio in the industry. The mission of Intel Security is to give everyone the confidence to live and work safely and securely in the digital world. www.intelsecurity.com.
Note: Intel, Intel Security, and McAfee are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
ABOUT PALO ALTO NETWORKS
Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today's dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks Logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Symantec Corporation is an information protection expert that helps people, businesses and governments seeking the freedom to unlock the opportunities technology brings -- anytime, anywhere. Founded in April 1982, Symantec, a Fortune 500 company, operating one of the largest global data-intelligence networks, has provided leading security, backup and availability solutions for where vital information is stored, accessed and shared. The company's more than 20,000 employees reside in more than 50 countries. Ninety-nine percent of Fortune 500 companies are Symantec customers. In fiscal 2014, it recorded revenues of $6.7 billion. To learn more go to www.symantec.com or connect with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130508/SF04701LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/barracuda-reversinglabs-telefonica-and-zscaler-join-cyber-threat-alliance-as-contributing-members-300035780.html
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks
Jennifer Jasper-Smith, Head of Corporate Communications, Palo Alto Networks, 408-638-3280, firstname.lastname@example.org or PaloAltoNetworksPR@vocecomm.com; Chris Palm, Director of Corporate Communications, McAfee, 408-346-3089, email@example.com; Andrea Cousens, Director, Corporate Communications, Fortinet, 310-270-8903, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kristen Batch, VP of Corporate Communications, Symantec, 650-527-5152, Kristen_Batch@symantec.com